cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cifs
Adept I

Cpu usage increased

Hello, I have a problem with my CPU, for some reason, when booting up the usage is always high for a while then drops, the CPU usage reached 90% when playing fortnite and it has never happened before, I don't know if it can be thermal issues or something. Usually, the CPU usage doesn't go above 20% when booting up. But now the CPU usages are just crazy.

Specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600

Motherboard: B450-A pro

Ram: Corsair 3000mhz cl

PSU: Evga 550 watt

SSD: Sandisk 480GB 

HHD: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm

GPU: AMD Rx 580 PowerColor

Case: Nzxt 500

Edit: Now I have a new problem, I was updating my drivers, I updated my LAN drivers located here, I also updated my chipset which is also located at the MSI drivers website, the version I updated to was version 19.10.08, After that I restarted my pc, when to the power options, and saw a new option which was Ryzen Balanced, applied it, and restarted my pc. At that time fortnite was updating, after it finished updating I launched it and when I got to the lobby, My game was not smooth AT ALL, I was getting 4-30 frames when I was moving my mouse, when it was idle I was getting 130 frames, which I should be getting more than that. I closed fortnite, uninstalled the AMD software, and restarted my pc, that didn't solve it, I uninstalled the chipset drivers, didn't solve it, I reinstalled all of my drivers using the ddu software, still didn't solve it. I then used the system restore feature to go back to the windows installation point, that didn't solve it either, I also cleared my CMOS battery and left it out for 10 minutes, and also re-seated my CPU, that didn't seem to fix anything. And this all happened after the chipset update. Here's a dxdiag report just in case an AMD mod wants to view it.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Good idea in attaching your DXDIAG.exe file.

Found out what is causing your High CPU usage. This website mentions some tips on how to fix it: https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-high-cpu-usage-by-wudfhost-exe/ 

From the link above:

But the problem is WUDFHost.exe causes High CPU and RAM usage. Another problem is that you can’t simply kill the process in Task Manager as it is a System process.

Also this website also gives some good tips: Fix: WUDFHost.exe High CPU Usage - Appuals.com  (Don't download their "Recommended Software it is a scam).

From above link:

Occasionally, certain Windows users have noticed WUDFHost.exe process consuming high amounts of resources, including both RAM and CPU. The RAM usage has been reported to go as high as 1GB while the CPU usage could hit 30%. The problem persists even after rebooting and clean booting Windows.

For some users, the error was associated with an Intel Wireless Gigabit 17265 User mode driver. Others also traced the issue to the NFC hardware and an error with portable devices connected to the system.

You can double check this by going to Task Manager and see what % of load that WUDFHOST is applying to the CPU.

From your Diagnostic Report from your DXDIAG:

This error occurred 5 times in Diagnostics. 

+++ WER2 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: WUDFHostProblem 
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: HostProblem
P2: HostTimeout
P3: 2
P4: 2.29.0
P5: 103
P6: 3
P7: 11b00
P8: ffffffffffffffff

You also had problem with Fortnite and Epic Game Launcher:

+++ WER6 +++:
Fault bucket 1489350527681946507, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Problem signature:
P1: FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe
P2: 4.23.0.0
P3: 10.0.18362.2.0.0

+++ WER7 +++:
Fault bucket 1536115074366612807, type 5

Problem signature:
P1: EpicGamesLauncher.exe
P2: 9.15.0.0

Also this Unigine Superposition Benchmark program :

+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 1549630409792290656, type 5

Problem signature:
P1: superposition.exe
P2: 1.1.0.0

Since you upgraded to the new May 2019 Windows version it is possible you need to also update all your games to be more compatible with the new OS.

Have you checked to see if there are any new patches after this new version came out?

Personally, I would install the Chip set and all other drivers back on if they are the latest. They may make the new Windows more stable.

EDIT: In the future I would recommend upgrading your PSU to at least 750 or above Metal graded PSU.  The PSU you have now meets the minimum requirements for having a RX580 GPU card install in your computer (550 Watts). But you also have a Rzyen Processor with a TDP of 65 Watts.

So in the future I would suggest upgrading your PSU. You don't need to now unless you are having Power issues while under heavy loads or stress.

Hey, thanks for replying, What do you mean by update all of my games to be more compatible with the new OS. I've tried to install the chipset drivers and graphics card drivers, but if the chipset driver is installed, the graphics card drivers will get removed, Vice versa.

0 Likes

I believe in Steam the games are automatically updated but if you are not using Steam or something similar you might want to google each game for the latest patches. See if there are any patches from May or June of this year. These game patches are similar to when AMD updates a driver to fix problems. The patches fixes game issue reported by Users.

First:  Install the latest CHIP Set from MSI Support

Second: Make sure you have the latest NON-BETA BIOS installed for your motherboard which is version 7B86vA7 (03/07/2019).

Third: Run SFC /scannow in Admin Rights to make sure your Windows OS is not corrupted or missing any files.

Fourth: Download the latest Full Set of AMD Graphic driver from here: Radeon™ RX 580 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Fifth: Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update.

Sixth: Try using this basic procedure to install the AMD Driver to prevent conflicts with the previous current driver installed:

Install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

NOTE: Installing the CHIP Set should not remove the Graphic Driver and Vice Versa. If it does then there is something wrong with Windows. Follow the above instructions on how to install the AMD Driver with the new CHIP Set installed.

Let me know what happens.

0 Likes
cifs
Adept I

My problem was fixed, but my cpu is a little slow now. I'm going to rma it and get a replacement. Thanks for the help man.

0 Likes
cifs
Adept I

I did a fresh install of windows to solve it.

Generally I would have done that as a last result due to the hassle involved in installing and configuring Windows plus installing again all your 3rd party apps unless you did a Ingrade Windows installation (First choice).

But happy that it did fix your problems. It did seem like your Windows was corrupted by what you were saying about installing the Chip Set which removed your Graphics Driver and vice versa.

Another reason I general use a Fresh Windows installation as a last result, the majority of the time (over 95%, guessing)  it doesn't fix the problem. I personally prefer doing a Ingrade Windows installation where Windows is reinstalled again with all your 3rd Apps intact via Windows Desktop. But that is just my personal preference when it comes to troubleshooting.

0 Likes