- GPU: (Sapphire) AMD Radeon R7 265
- Unit: Desktop mini ITX
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
- Drivers: 13-066 (13.251) [bundled CD, dated 2013]; Radeon Adrenalin 2019 Ed 19.5.2
- Display Devices: Samsung monitor; 1920x1080 default refresh; standard DVI
- MB & BIOS: MSI B75IA-E33; v17.4 (2/6/2013)
- CPU: Core i5-3350P 3.1 GHz LGA1155
- PSU: RISE 650w
- RAM: 8gb
Played Warhammer Chaosbane for 20+ hours. After I exited the game there were some discolored (noisy) horizontal lines on the screen, and a few vertical ones. I restarted the computer but it didn't finish loading Windows (black screen after Windows logo). Needed to hard reset the PC.
Uninstalling the display driver (in Safe Mode) solved the problem. But each time I reinstall it (with the latest version, June 3, 2019) the problem returns--can't get into Windows unless I uninstall/disable the driver.
Used DDU to uninstall the AMD drivers and Windows 7 had been updated.
Tried reinstalling the original drivers that came with the GPU, achieved a little success. Windows finished loading but the horizontal lines were still there, and then black screen after a minute or two. Hard reset.
Removed the GPU to inspect if it had damaged parts, there were none. Carefully reseated it. No go.
Short of reinstalling Windows 7, what else can I do to try to fix this?