Journeyman III

Stop Code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE what failed: atikmpag.sys

Hello everyone.

I got a new build: AMD RYZEN 5 2400G
ASUS PRIME X470 PRO
GSKILL TRIDENTZ RGB 2X8GB 3200MHZ DDR4
SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB SSD
CORSAIR TX650M, 650W 

As soon as i started working with it i got a blue screen with the message you can see in the title Stop Code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE what failed: atikmpag.sys

I tried reinstalling the drivers without luck, problem still persists.

Now i have one question, i want to replace the atikmpag.sys driver which seems to be a solution for my problem but i dont know which one i have to, usually in the manuals theres only 1 atikmpag.sys file in the drivers, i have in 3 different folders, is that normal? you can see in the picture i uploaded

0 Likes
3 Replies
darkradeon
Adept III

got a black-screen of dead today, here the analysis of the memory.dmp file with windbg: https://pastebin.com/UKEESXmn

dxdiag log: https://pastebin.com/ymbZpaXY

power supply (not included in dxdiag log): Crosair RM850X

just happened in daily usage, Opera 60.0.3255.170 and the desktop whatsapp client where opened, the browser was in foreground, so nothing hardware intensive.

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

Are you by chance running the latest beta Afterburner & Riva Tuner?  I ran into the same problem--same error message--and I decided to completely uninstall Afterburner and Riva Tuner--and that was the last I saw of the error--been rock-stable ever since.  Actually, this is the second time I've had to uninstall differing versions of Afterburner in order to get proper AMD GPU functioning.  Don't know exactly what the problem is, but Afterburner installed is definitely the problem--it doesn't even help to simply turn off Afterburner, oddly--the entire program has to be removed for the problem to vanish.  My theory is that Afterburner collides with the Adrenalin driver code in some fundamental fashion that results in the the AMD GPU driver failing at certain times under certain conditions.  You may not have Afterburner installed at all--if so--wish I could offer another suggestion.  But if you do--be sure and uninstall the program entirely, and then reboot!

I do not use such softwares.

0 Likes