cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bioelite
Journeyman III

Is my Radeon VII dead or driver bugg?

Well, i have 2 Radeon VII and love the cards even tho i mine with them. I have been into mining for a long time, but somehow i cant get one of the cards to work after a crash. 

For some reason which i dont know or remember, the rig crashed. When started up again one of the cards shows this nice "yellow triangle" in device manager and doesnt get detected by Wattman and so on. I have tried everything i can think of, and will list it below. The other card works just fine, my question is: AM I MISSING SOMETHING or is it just totally broken?

Tried so far: 

- Reinstall drivers

- Reinstall windows

- Tried in 2 other computers

- Tried in 1 "new" fresh computer with totally fresh installation

- Flashed new bios (AFTER THE CRASH original bios when crashed), both with the AMD provided tool and with ATIFlash through command prompt, both with success. 

- Used pixelpatcher

- Tried in riser, in mobo x16 slot and so on

Yeah, i have kinda tried everything, and im stuck. As it shows in device manager with Code 43, it feels like it might not be totally broken? 

GPU-Z finds the card, and provide most information, but "BUS info" and memory info is blanked. But it can read bios and so on.

If you need more info, please tell me. Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
mlladen
Journeyman III

Hello,

Did you manage to resolve your gpu problem? My gpu is behaving same as yours.

0 Likes

I have the same issue GPUZ detected blank memory. I need help to repair my two cards.

I couldn't RMA as this was not covered as new unit and as such no warranty. I need help to trouble shoot these 2 cards or it will go to waste and it's not cheap.I bought 2 Radeon VII from China dealer and turn out 1 was working for 3 months and another was dead on arrival. I was busy getting the first unit to be up and only setup the second unit which by then already too late to return to vendor.
The price bought for both units were about 10 percent lower than brand new unit thinking these were just opened box good units . 
Now I tried everything from following all of Red Panda you tube video steps but none could help. 
Both unit power up fine with Radeon led logo lit up and fan spinning but no display in whatever pcie slots and multiple motherboards. Bios were updated to UEFI and non UEFI but none was successful. Booted up windows using another GPU found the device had code 43 errors which was very similar to what Red Panda gone through with some of his faulty Radeon VII which he mentioned he had RMA back.. Tried Cudo OS, Nice hash OS, none of them detected the Radeon VII card. 
I couldn't RMA as this was not covered as new unit and as such no warranty. I need help to trouble shoot these 2 cards or it will go to waste and it's not cheap.
Anyone know where can I send these to repair or any guides to repair them? I will pay for them.

0 Likes