cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

darkorical
Journeyman III

HDMI Connection won't activate a HDMI Switch

My PC is connected to the TV via a HDMI Switch that is shares with my PS3. when the PS3 turns off the TV thinks there is no signal from anything I've tried two switches, and get the same result.

Is there a "Alive" signal that it is not sending or something?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Once you post your computer Make & Model of your hardware and GPU card/ Integrated Graphics, Motherboard, Processor, HDMI Switch, and how it is exactly connected from the GPU/Motherboard to the HDMI Switch and from the HDMI Switch to the TV and PS3. I might be able to suggest some troubleshooting tips.

Can't you use two HDMI Cables from the GPU Card(?) to the TV and PS3?

If your GPU card or Motherboard only has one HDMI Output, you can purchase a DP-HDMI "active" adapter to connect your TV or your PS3 and  get rid of the HDMI Switch.

0 Likes

Asus Radeon R9 270X card on an Asus mobo with and fx something 8core cpu 24 gb ram connected through HDMI because I was dumb and got tv with only 2 HDMI ports and the roku doesn't seem to like the HDMI switch at all. 

0 Likes

If you have a DisplayPort (DP) available on your GPU Card, purchase a "Active" DP-HDMI adapter and connect your TV to it.  Same if you want to use a DVI-HDMI Active adapter.

Then you can get rid of your HDMI Switch which doesn't seem to be compatible either with Windows or the HDMI devices connected to it.

Here is the latest R9 270X AMD Driver from AMD Download: AMD Radeon™ R9 270X Drivers & Support | AMD 

0 Likes