Newcomer

Problem with dual graphics AMD Radeon in HP Pavilion 15

Computer Type: laptop HP Pavillion 15-n001la

GPU: dual AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series + 8600M Series

CPU: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 GHz

RAM: 8 Gb

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 17134.765

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin 19.4.1 software

When the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was released. I installed it, but the mouse cursor started lagging. I looked for solutions on the web, on the support communities of Microsoft and HP, like doing /sfc or verifying file integrity, but they didn't work. To this date I am having this problem with cursor, youtube and downloaded videos lagging.

I have a notebook HP Pavillion 15 with two AMD Radeon graphics cards: HD 8400 / R3 Series, HD 8600M Series. If I disable one of the them, lag disappears. However, I need both.

So I used the AMD clean up utility from safe mode to remove all the drivers, I looked for the autodetect installer from the website but it downloaded the Adrenalin Software 19.4.1. I installed it and the drivers were succesfully but even now, my laptop lags and stutters to unbearable levels, unless I disable on of the two graphics cards.

However by disabling one or the other controller, I can't run video games and use an HDMI for viewing movies/series in the TV.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance!

0 Likes
8 Replies
roy30313
Journeyman III

Hi, I just read about your problem, and I have the same compatibility problem, did you solve your problem?, Or how did you do it?.

I really would appreciate your help.

Roger

0 Likes

Hi Roger, the unique solution that encountred is goes back to the 18.5.1 version of AMD Radeon and the cursor options: show trace of pointer. Greetings.

0 Likes
lidiya
Journeyman III

Have the same problem too, did you solve it?

medrostal
Journeyman III

Why the problem has not been solved yet!!

0 Likes

i fixed the problem by installing the 2015 drivers's version of amd radeon hd 8600m series display adapter 

hope this helps.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

the latest driver for TeraScale APUs is:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-non-gcn-16-2-1-beta

16.2.1-beta will work because it supports TeraScale iGPU und GCN dGPU

there is a 16.9.1 driver mod that allows TeraScale iGPU - but its modded and not direct from AMD (so who knows what else is tampered with)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
midofikry
Journeyman III

i had the same issue with windows 10 , you can fix it by downgrading to windows 8.1 its even faster than windows 10 on this machine , try bios update before down grading.

cheers

0 Likes
ZoeyHannah
Journeyman III

These kinds of reviews are really only useful if you're interested in the casual side of the game -- campaign and skirmishes -- and if we're being honest here (as opposed to pre-order evangelists) then the PC Gamer and the PC Invasion (in particular) pieces are the fairest so far. Read them all the way through instead of basing your decision on the score like an illiterate pleb or you'll deserve whatever you get. The other reviews I read (only read English ones) the journalists didn't even properly research the game and they're talking out their asses.

On the other hand if you're interested in the competitive/multiplayer side of the game then these reviews are pretty useless. Go look through the Steam reviews to find someone who's reviewing from this perspective, or better yet watch some pro streams and VODs and make up your own mind. AoA deserves that much from you at least. Also realize that it's early days and there's no telling how the MP will mature over time, though in my worthless opinion the current indicators augur well.

Wait and see... i'll try to update with the most serious sites https://best-minecraft-servers.co/ i know about. please do the same with your best and respected sites.

0 Likes