cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yzq
Journeyman III

Graphics Driver for Dell Latitude E6440

I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude E6440. Every time I run the media installer from the Microsoft website, it tells me that my AMD Radeon HD 8690M is not compatible with Windows 10 and that "You'll have problems with your display." I am trying to install build 1803 of Windows 10 and I have even checked the Dell website to see if my Latitude E6440 is compatible with that build of Windows 10 and it is. I have looked for many graphics drivers and cannot find one. Please, if anyone knows, tell me the graphics driver I need so that I can upgrade to Windows 10. I have attached a picture of the message that pops up when I run the Media Creation Tool.pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes
1 Reply

First make sure you have the latest BIOS version and CHIP Set installed from DELL: Support for Latitude E6440 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US                     

Latest DELL BIOS Version is A23 - 10/031/2018

Latest DELL Intel Chipset Device Software - 01/15/2019

Latest DELL Intel Management Engine - 02/27/2019

Latest DELL Intel Integrated VGA Driver - 04/19/2019

Basically I would update all of your DELL Drivers from DELL Support for your laptop.

Your HD 8690M DELL driver is from 2015. Try using AMD Generic Laptop driver from here: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 Release Notes | AMD .

Your Intel Integrated Graphics MUST be the latest version for the AMD Driver to work properly.

How to install AMD Graphics in a laptop: https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

Once you have updated all your Windows 10 Intel Drivers and BIOS including AMD Graphics Driver, then try to update to the latest Windows Version 1903 instead of version 1803.

0 Likes