cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

msajid
Adept II

why my global wattman all setting is restoring after recent update of driver when i turn on my pc or restart

after recent update of radeon software my global wattman is keep crashing and resets  automatically when I turn on my pc and also a game was crashed one time for this

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

You might want to try saving existing motherboard BIOS settings and then setting your Motherboard to default settings. Then attempt to boot into Windows, and see if it helps.

Alternatively you might want to might start an Automatic Windows 10 Repair / Diagnostic at boot up.
That seems to have helped in my case.

I just investigated and fixed the game crashing issue on my PC.
Both games I had problems with were using Origin Client.
Both the RX Vega 64 Liquid and an Nvidia RTX 2080 OC were used to test BFV and Titanfall 2.
Both GPU's had problems with the games crashing (the games would just shut down with no warning after 5-10 minutes of gameplay). The AMD Driver was also crashing and resetting Wattman. The Nvidia Driver did not fail as far as I can tell in Windows Logs in Event Viewer.

Read the following description or ... just skip it if it is too long.
Bye.

I did the following.
Checked Windows was up to date. It was, nothing new was installed.

Used DDU in safe mode to uninstall Nvidia and AMD Drivers and performed a clean install of both,
Uninstalled and reinstalled the Origin Client.
Ran Game Repair in the Origin client.
Ran Windows disk and system check commands, including DISM  - all clean.
I tried again and the games were still crashing.
I even installed the Nvidia Creator Ready Drivers which are extra stable. Still the games crashed.

The Motherboard has Watercooled Ryzen 2700X CPU normally running at 4.3GHz max.
The Memory usually runs at 3200MHz.
Downclocking the CPU to 3.7GHz max made no difference.
The next step I did was save my Motherboard BIOS Settings, and reset the Motherboard to "Default" for everything including RAM Speed down to SPD Speed of 2333MHz.

This caused Windows 10 to go into a BSOD repair loop.
I let Windows attempt to fix itself automatically - it couldn't.
I exited the BSOD repair loop, powered down and then powered up the PC.
I entered BIOS and then reloaded my previous BIOS Profile.

Windows 10 ran some automatic repair steps but would not boot into normal mode.

So I booted into safe mode, and then restarted the PC.

I then reran disk and system checks - no problems reported. All clean.

I retested the games in Origin again on both GPU's.
I do not know why exactly yet, but the crashing is fixed.
The RX Vega Liquid is running BFV at 4K Ultra with an Overclock without any problems so far. No more AMD Driver Crash in those games.
I think the game crashing problem was due to a problem Windows 18.09 Updates which the Windows repair loop has fixed.
I read through  Windows Repair Logs now to see if I can find out what happened exactly. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have seen a few of these complaints recently. I would suggest re-installing the driver and choose clean install. See if that doesn't take care of it. 

0 Likes

Have you been overclocking the GPU?
If you run a game/application and the Radeon Driver and it crashes, it resets the Wattman Global Profile. You will get a warning that Radeon Driver reset. This is especially likely to happen if you are overclocking the GPU / GPU Memory too high and a game or application crashes.

0 Likes

I didn't overclock it just happening after recent update

0 Likes

OK. Just checked. I am seeing crashing on BFV DX12 and TitanFall 2 DX11 with RX Vega 64 Liquid when it is run at stock clocks and balanced profile with fresh install Adrenalin 2019 19.5.2 on Windows 10 18.09. Probably something in the game updates for BFV versus latest AMD driver on DX12.
But Titanfall 2 on DX11 should be stable.
I was running with the AMD Performance overlay enabled in both cases and ReLive off.  

Hi,

You might want to try saving existing motherboard BIOS settings and then setting your Motherboard to default settings. Then attempt to boot into Windows, and see if it helps.

Alternatively you might want to might start an Automatic Windows 10 Repair / Diagnostic at boot up.
That seems to have helped in my case.

I just investigated and fixed the game crashing issue on my PC.
Both games I had problems with were using Origin Client.
Both the RX Vega 64 Liquid and an Nvidia RTX 2080 OC were used to test BFV and Titanfall 2.
Both GPU's had problems with the games crashing (the games would just shut down with no warning after 5-10 minutes of gameplay). The AMD Driver was also crashing and resetting Wattman. The Nvidia Driver did not fail as far as I can tell in Windows Logs in Event Viewer.

Read the following description or ... just skip it if it is too long.
Bye.

I did the following.
Checked Windows was up to date. It was, nothing new was installed.

Used DDU in safe mode to uninstall Nvidia and AMD Drivers and performed a clean install of both,
Uninstalled and reinstalled the Origin Client.
Ran Game Repair in the Origin client.
Ran Windows disk and system check commands, including DISM  - all clean.
I tried again and the games were still crashing.
I even installed the Nvidia Creator Ready Drivers which are extra stable. Still the games crashed.

The Motherboard has Watercooled Ryzen 2700X CPU normally running at 4.3GHz max.
The Memory usually runs at 3200MHz.
Downclocking the CPU to 3.7GHz max made no difference.
The next step I did was save my Motherboard BIOS Settings, and reset the Motherboard to "Default" for everything including RAM Speed down to SPD Speed of 2333MHz.

This caused Windows 10 to go into a BSOD repair loop.
I let Windows attempt to fix itself automatically - it couldn't.
I exited the BSOD repair loop, powered down and then powered up the PC.
I entered BIOS and then reloaded my previous BIOS Profile.

Windows 10 ran some automatic repair steps but would not boot into normal mode.

So I booted into safe mode, and then restarted the PC.

I then reran disk and system checks - no problems reported. All clean.

I retested the games in Origin again on both GPU's.
I do not know why exactly yet, but the crashing is fixed.
The RX Vega Liquid is running BFV at 4K Ultra with an Overclock without any problems so far. No more AMD Driver Crash in those games.
I think the game crashing problem was due to a problem Windows 18.09 Updates which the Windows repair loop has fixed.
I read through  Windows Repair Logs now to see if I can find out what happened exactly.