Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andrewcelyon
Adept I

No Eligible Components Found

Hello everybody,

I just updated my Windows 10 to Build 1903 (April 2019 Update) from Build 1809. After the update completed, my AMD Software gave me an error saying "Drivers Missing". So, I did a complete uninstall and reboot of the defective drivers and used the Auto-Detect Tool to get me new drivers. However, it has given me the following error: "No Eligible Components are found to install".

I've tried to Uninstall and redo the whole thing, but it's giving me the same error. Yes, the driver was working well before in the 1809 build (Except for the fact that when I tried to update from 19.1.1, it told me "Components already installed.")

I'm currently using a driver with Catalyst Software, provided by DELL, the manufacturer. Witcher 3 was working smoothly before; now it's laggy. I really need those updated drivers and software.

I have a Dell Latitude E6540, i7-4800MQ, 8GB RAM and Radeon HD 8790M GPU.

I tried downloading the full driver direct from the page (without Auto-Detect), but it kept freezing the computer.

How do I get around the "No Eligible Components to Install" error?

Or how can I prevent the PC from freezing when installing the driver?

IF for some reason AMD no longer release updates for the HD 8790M, anyway I can get my hands on the previous drivers (Adrenaline Edition 19.1.1 and before)?

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Your not sure how this would help? Did you not read the link I gave you? Try again...Laptop graphics update...How to 

Let me read it to you:

Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

You need to use DDU in safe mode with the internet disconnected to remove all traces of the previous AMD Driver and software then after rebooting install the laterst AMD Driver.

With the internet still disconnected download the latest driver that is probably compatible with the new version of Windows from here: AMD Radeon™ HD 8790M Series GPU Drivers & Support | AMD 

Note: Make sure your Intel Graphics driver is also updated to the latest since AMD Driver needs that to be the latest to work correctly.

If Dell's drivers are very old than try using Intel Driver and Support Assist to update all of your laptop's Intel Drivers.

Thanks. I already used DDU and it gave me the same error, though.

Matter of fact, DDU never worked for me a couple of months back when I kept getting "Components already installed" error. I ended up doing a clean install of windows.

0 Likes

Did you update the Intel graphics first?

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

LoL, I was just mentioning that while editing my last comment while you were posting your comment.

I'm unsure how this would help.

0 Likes

Your not sure how this would help? Did you not read the link I gave you? Try again...Laptop graphics update...How to 

Let me read it to you:

Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

My bad.

I get it now. Thanks, bruv.

Alright, I followed the order you advised and updated the Intel Drivers first. Everything is working perfectly. Got Adrenaline 19.5.1 installed, no issues.

Thank you, mate. God Bless.

A couple pieces of advice for the future I have found that makes upgrading Windows less painful. Wait until a driver is released that says it is compatible with the new Windows version, then second load that driver to your current version of Windows before upgrading.

0 Likes

I gathered this was the reason why.

I'll keep using Catalyst software at least until the fellows up there dish out an update that runs with 1903.

So much for them saying windows needs to be updated for smooth driver performance.

0 Likes

In general you never need to upgrade to a newer driver unless it claims to fix something that is currently broke, adds a new feature you would like to do or is required to work with a Windows update or upgrade. I have seen many times where drivers fix one thing and break another so I never recommend you loading a new driver just to load the new driver. If it isn't broken don't fix it.