cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yury28
Journeyman III

rx 580 8gb bad performance

I do not know what's happening but I have a performance problem. Yesterday I was playing bf5 with a 1050 ti and it was all in the low at 60fps. Today I bought a rx 580 8gb and I'm running everything in low at 60 fps. What can it be?

My gpu driver are updated

0 Likes
5 Replies

Did you use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all the nVidiaware for a clean install? Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Already did, do u think i should format ?

0 Likes

Are you using Windows 10 1709 or 1803?

0 Likes
direseven
Journeyman III

Im in the same boat i run risk of rain 2 at around 190 fps on homescreen. now its 20 barely hitting 30. 

this started happening around 2 days ago in the middle of the night. My gpu is XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5. just wondering if i need to return it or if you guys can issue a new software that doesnt ruin the card.

0 Likes
forbiddensoul
Journeyman III

My self as well.

I just purchased an new Sapphire RX 580 8GB yesterday. The performance on every game I have tried is horrid. From Conan Exiles to MineCraft, the on board graphics chip works better...
For example minecraft runs at about 20 FPS on average with the new RX 580, but will stutter and drop to 1-2 FPS, freeze game at 0 FPS, then ramp up to 60, then around 20 again.

This is a new card, I did not overclock, or change anything from factory defaults.

I tried drivers from the install disc, then recommended drivers from the update tool, and then optional Jan 2020 drivers.
All of them behaved the exact same.
I tried to edit the power saving profiles and set the secondary options to just go to the default maximum. 1366Mhz for GPU, 2000Mhz for RAM, but the card flops all over with CPU and RAM clock speeds, the RAM clock never goes above 1000MHZ, and the GPU clock will only (reportedly) got to 1366Mhz if I am recording a screen capture (which does not drop my FPS or improve it, it is all the same).
Even at a reported 1366Mhz GPU, and 1000Mhz Ram MineCraft, like MineCraft people, still does the average 20 FPS, frequent freeze up and spikes.

Is there anything we can do to fix our issues or should I just go and get a refund?

0 Likes