cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DisplayPort and 4K panels

I see that nVidia cards that I have on hand do not like my PB287Q panel which is 3820x2160

So any worries about Radeon cards not liking my panel?

0 Likes
4 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

Make sure it's set to DP 1.2

System Setup => DisplayPort Stream: Compatibility with graphic card. Select DP 1.1 or DP 1.2 by graphic card DP version. (3840x2160-60Hz is available at DP 1.2 only. The best resolution is 3840x2160-30Hz at DP 1.1). Follow the instructions below to change 4K2K, 30Hz to 4K2K, 60Hz on your PC: In Windows, right click the desktop and enter the Screen Resolution. Go to Advanced Settings, and set the refresh rate to 60Hz from 30Hz.

0 Likes

My Panel is DisplayPort 1.2 compliant so it has enough bandwidth.

My resolution is 3840x2160 standard 60 Hz which is all I need for work with photos etc. My panel has 10-bit per color which is more demanding too.

Gaming is brutal at 4K.

Looking over eBay, RX 570 cards are outright inexpensive so maybe I will grab one and see if team red can do 4K60 properly

0 Likes

oh i was saying that there is a setting in the menu for monitor for DP 1.1 and 1.2 version. When I looked at reviews, there didn't seem to be any specific nvidia or amd issues. Cable might have something to do with it too. I just took a guess as to what might be going since not much info to go on.

Good luck.

0 Likes

I will try another DP cable as they are low cost. Sure is peculiar kind of problem with the panel LED on but nothing displayed.

0 Likes