cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

dreidara
Adept I

Shadow of The Tomb Raider mGPU DX12 Crashes

Radeon, when are you guys gonna fix this issue? SotTR has been out for over half a year and you guys still have not fixed this on VEGA architecture. mGPU works on my Fury X-Fury mGPU system, but crashes on YOUR MODERN GPU VEGA ARCHITECTURE. 

Why are you guys lagging on this? You guys could easily make more sales IF YOU GUYS PROVIDED mGPU SUPPORT. Just put resources into the issue, please?

21 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

try this:

disable windows auto driver install
clean driver with DDU in safemode
reboot
install driver from OEM (ASUS HP ACER etc)
reboot
install driver 19.4.1
reboot

try again!

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

None of that will do anything. This is a known issue that hasn't received much attention until recently:

0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with shadows enabled in Shadow of the Tomb Raider DX12 multi-gpu 

Supposedly this has finally been escalated to the driver team. I think NVIDIA has issued a couple hotfixes for this issue, but so fare we haven't gotten anything from AMD.

Everybody with this problem please open a ticket:

Online Service Request | AMD 

...and file a report against the drivers:

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

8-fingered
Adept III

Supposedly has been escalated to the driver team....

Have you opened a ticket:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

referencing this post by Nixxes:

0x887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG with Shadow Quality set to anything other than 'Off' :: Shadow of ... 

...and filed a report against the latest drivers:

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

???

19.5.2 is out...this issue didn't even make the 'Known Issues' list. Problem still occurs. Please report it again for 19.5.2.

0 Likes

Honestly, I feel Radeon has just dropped mGPU support all together. I have been using my Fury X-Fury Crossfire/mGPU setup and it work fine. For some reason, Vega 64 Crossfire/mGPU setup just refuses to work correctly. It is waaaay to buggy. 

0 Likes

19.6.1 is out, again, no mention of the SOTTR Vega mGPU problem in the release notes as even a known issue.

0 Likes

Have you been reporting an issue against every driver release? 19.6.1 is out, still broken. Report away:

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

19.6.2 is out, again, no mention of the SOTTR Vega mGPU problem in the release notes as even a known issue.  Still broken. Report away:

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.7.3. Please report:

Open Ticket 

File report against drivers 

Also, it seems the same issues exists for dual-Navi setups. So maybe this will get fixed if enough people report it.

8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.7.4. Please report:

Open Ticket 

Also, it seems the same issue exists for older hardware with drivers later than 18.8.1 or 18.9.1.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.7.4. Please open a ticket and file a report against the drivers:

Open Ticket 

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broke in 19.8.1. Please open a ticket and file a report against the drivers.

0 Likes

Honestly man, Radeon sucks at mGPU. During Hot Chips, Dr. Lisa Su said its not a priority anymore. So from my point of view, its looking like Radeon isnt going to do anything about Crossfire anymore, especially this game. 

0 Likes

I believe she said Crossfire isn't a priority, which it honestly isn't, since it's DX11 and older only and Navi doesn't support it. As far as DX12 mGPU goes, as long as AMD correctly implements the API via the drivers, we'll be fine. Speaking of which, I've gotten the attention of some folks.

Please do join in and let them know that your Fury X setup works. What drivers are you using with those cards?

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

Still broken in 19.8.2...you know the drill, report report report.

0 Likes
8-fingered
Adept III

So it turns out this is not an AMD problem, the game developers just didn't want to fix the issue.

Really? Where did you get that info from?

At this point its too late for me. I traded some one of my Vegas for some other hardware and I sold my second Vega. I miss them, but the 980ti Im running is fine. Im going to switch back to the Fury X tho. Nvidia GPU looks awful and the drivers suck.

0 Likes

Private message from somebody that would know the story.

I finished the game with a single Vega (with a massive overclock). Waiting to see if there is any Big Navi news in March. If so, that's probably the way I'll go, otherwise I'll toss a waterblock on one Vega and crank it up some more.

0 Likes

Hi

Also running two vegas. Just bought the game.

Have similar problem driver hung etc. etc. Turning shadows off can make it run but the performance is abysmal.

Very close to just selling second vega since it feels like MGPU is just never gonna have a future. 

0 Likes