cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ningboren
Journeyman III

New Rx570 dead?

Just got ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 570 8G video card from New egg a few days ago, it's the fifth day in my computer, it always having trouble to support the second monitor, I have to push source button to have that second monitor correctly displayed manually. I can deal with that minor issue.
But last night, I Just installed the division 2 game come with the card. While playing the game, about 30 minutes into it after I pressed a button for a weapon the PC crashed with a blue screen of death. I didn't have the chance to save the code, thinking everything will be fine after a restart. But it's not, black screen for both monitors. I pulled out the graphics card and only using onboard video, it works. I uninstalled the AMD drive and put the RX570 back into my computer again, still black screen.

I have all the latest windows and AMD drivers installed, the New card worked for 5 days, played Fallout 4 about 1 hour and then installed the division 2. Now I have uninstalled the AMD software, there may be several other things I am going to try but feels like the card is problem source. 

I haven't had a chance to put back my old R9 270X video card for testing, which requires more power than the RX570, but I think it's likely will work. PC still works now with onboard video; so did my new RX570 just dead? 

Window 10

I5-4670K stable OC at 4.5Ghz

16G of Ram.

0 Likes
1 Reply

What is your PSU wattage you have installed in your computer? is it the same or more than 500 Watts?  You need a minimum PSU of 500 watts for your computer system with a RX570 GPU Card installed.

Best way to check if the RX570 is defective is by installing it on another compatible computer. IF exact same thing occurs it pretty much indicate your GPU card is faulty.

I would suggest to open a ASRock Tech Support Ticket to see if they believe the GPU card is defective from here: ASRock > Support Request Form 

Or you can send an email to ASRock support to see if it needs to be RMAed: ASRock > Repair / RMA 

EDIT: What is Newegg Return policy for GPU cards?

0 Likes