cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sinofleo
Journeyman III

Dell Inspiron 15 (5576) Gpu Help

I just got a Dell Inspiron 15 (5576) with an amd r7 and by what the drivers say rx560, although all the specs i find online are rx460, but each time i try to install, (clean install) with amd it goes to rx560, But my main issue is that any game i go to run, runs off the R7 and doesn't detect the gpu, even cpuid only shows the R7, what am I missing?

0 Likes
3 Replies

You didn't mention the processor you have installed. From CNET specs on your laptop you seem to have a A10-9630P APU.

You need to download the APU Driver which installs both the integrated and Discrete GPU drivers.

This is the latest AMD APU Driver from AMD Download: 7th Gen A10-9630P APU Drivers & Support | AMD 

Make sure your Dell has the latest BIOS version installed (02/05/2018) and CHIP Set (03/27/2019) from here: Support for Inspiron 15 5576 Gaming | Drivers & downloads | Dell US 

The latest CHIP Set and Graphic Driver from Dell is for the Bristol Ridge Processor.

Just for your information, when you install AMD generic driver it may show the wrong description of your GPU installed. But it will be compatible with what you actually have installed.

Dell's VGA Driver will show the correct GPU installed in your laptop. i would suggest installing Dell's VGA latest driver and see if it works correctly.

Also your laptop must be set to Windows Power Plan "Performance" and not "Balanced" . Performance will use your GPU RX card while Balanced won't.

Also you laptop's Windows must be fully updated for that latest AMD Driver to work correctly.

0 Likes

Hello, Sorry for forgetting to put the actual processor and specs, it is

the FX-9830P R7, I went to dell and amd and updated all drivers, and in the

amd radeon settings it shows both, and it shows in task manager both, but

only the R7 is ever running, I've set to high performance mode, the only

things i have realized is the charger i got with it is an after market 90W,

I believe it from retail came with a 130W, Would that cause it to not run

the gpu?, If its plugged in and on lowest settings i only put 19 fps in

diablo 3, plugged in i nab about 33-38, and in task thats still the R7

showing that its the one running it, Am I wrong to assume the rx460/560

whichever should have alot more power than that, or is it because of the

wrong charger i just noticed?

0 Likes

Good question.

Best place to ask is at Dell Support for your laptop. They will know the power requirements to run your laptop correctly.

0 Likes