zynfaith

Bad perfomance with new drivers for APU.

Discussion created by zynfaith on May 13, 2019
Latest reply on May 19, 2019 by kingfish

Laptop: Acer Nitro 6 A515-42.
APU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8.
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X.
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit.
RAM: 8 Gb
Bios version: 1.13.
Driver version installed: 17.7 (Acer website - 17.40.6001.3304).
I own an Acer Nitro 5 A515-42 laptop with a Ryzen 5 2500U processor and a discrete RX 560X graphics card. Not so long ago, AMD decided to personally release drivers for mobile APUs. In anticipation of the increase in performance in games, I downloaded and installed them, but the performance did not increase to my surprise. Instead, I got a drop in performance in games, watching a decrease in the number of frames per second, the appearance of delays, etc. I decided to analyze the situation data and I found out that as the temperature rises, the processor started to throttle, but if at the factory drivers the processor frequency did not fall below 2 GHz, now it drops to 1.6 GHz. Also, when the game processor frequency jumps, then dropping to 1.6 GHz, then rising to 3.3 GHz. I understand that this processor is in laptops with poor cooling and the temperature can rise up to 90 degrees, but my laptop has excellent cooling, able to keep the temperature of the processor and video card within 75 degrees even in the hottest battles. I also want to focus on the fact that I know users who do not have this problem.
How to fix this problem and get comfortable performance in games?
P.S. almost all drivers were tested, from the moment AMD began to release drivers for mobile APUs (Including the last 19.4.3 optional and 19.4.1 WHQL).
P.S.S. I attach the file report DxDiag.

Attachments

Outcomes