cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kcak47mopr
Journeyman III

Wraith Prism software not changing colors

yes i have msi b350 tomahawk motherboard and i only have the usb cable pluged in to the wraith prism cooler and when i first turn on my pc the rgb comes on but after it fully boots up the rgb goes off and i have the cooler master amd software installed and i have the cooler pluged in to the first usb header on the modo colseiest to the usb 3.0 header and i have tryed it with both the usb cable and rgb cable pluged in to th cooler and with the rgb cable pluged in the rgb comes on but when i go in to the software and change colors it does not change and colors and i know my usb headers are good because i have tested them both so i know its not the usb 2.0 headers so can some one please help me fix this i herd there is an amd only version of the rgb controller software that is not made by cooler master and it works much better with 1st gen amd motherboards but i can't find the amd only version of the rgb software someone please help me fix this 

0 Likes
2 Replies
pablo0208
Journeyman III

by jasonamd on 20-Nov-2018 13:00

I was able to come up with a bandaid fix for this. Instead of using the AMD LED Fan USB Header, I connected the Wraith Prism USB cable to a USB 2.0 Header and the device was recognized immediately/installed by Windows as an AM4 SR4 cooler and the Cooler Master software worked effortlessly. I attempted a firmware update but the fan was already up to date. I then reconnected the fan to the AMD LED Fan USB Header but it once again was not recognized by Windows or Cooler Master software.

So  the user is saying keep connected to the usb 2 header  on the motherboard to the sr4 cooler (wraith prism)

0 Likes
kcak47mopr
Journeyman III

I do have the wraith prism USB connector connected to a USB header on my motherboard

0 Likes