cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stev8468
Journeyman III

I cannot update driver on RX 580 card

I cannot update the drivers for my AMD rx 580 i'm stuck on driver 17.10.1731 I have tried to update the driver and it crashing the system to the point where it will not come on, the system is a AMD fx8350 16gig ram msi 970 gaming motherboard windows 10 pro

0 Likes
6 Replies

Here is the latest AMD Driver for the RX580 for Windows 10: Radeon™ RX 580 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Try this basic method to remove your current AMD Driver and install the new AMD Driver:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

If you still are having trouble installing or updating your AMD Driver, please post all error messages from the AMD installation and Device Manager, if applicable.

thanks I'm going to try this tonight so far nothing is working,I used amds cleanup utility in safe mode rebooted and install new driver and half way through it reboots and when it does you get a distorted screen and I cannot get pass that,its like you are using the wrong driver,I have to go in safe mode to remove so I will try it tonight

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

That's identical to my computer!! YEAH! I don't recall ever having install issues (currently on 19.3.3) so hopefully elstaci's suggestion works.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
stev8468
Journeyman III

Issue resolved manufacture replaced the card now it works fine with latest drivers thanks for the help i tried everything  

0 Likes

So it was a defective GPU Card.

Thanks for the update.

0 Likes

What Brand is the GPU? Just so  we consumers will know who we can count on for replacing defective units.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes