- Issue Description: My PC have BSOD issue after I replace my Vega64 with Radeon VII. The problem occurred randomly when gaming, following these stages:
- Screen turns black and lose signal, program (like Skype/Discord, I can tell with my friend even) still work. (about 30 seconds)
- PC freeze and program will no longer work. (about 1-2 minutes)
- PC restart, and I can find BSOD dump file.
- There is two kind of BSOD, these message are extract from BlueScreenView:
- 0x00000116 caused by driver : dxgkrnl.sys
- 0x00000EA caused by driver : atikmdag.sys, THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- Temporary Solution: After a lot of test, Finally I found that the FreeSync would be the reason of this problem, turn off FreeSync on my monitor stop BSOD occurred. However, I think this should be the driver problem because there are no issue when I use Vega64 with FreeSync on.
- Graphics card: Radeon VII work at default 1801MHz/1000MHz and default voltage setting 1121 mV
- CPU: Intel i7-4790K
- Motherboard: ASUS Z97-Pro Wifi/USB3.1
- RAM: 32GB Kingston DDR3 @1866 MHz
- PSU: Antec HCG 850W
- Monitor 1: LG 27UK850-W @4K freesync enabled connect on Radeon VII
- Monitor 2: Philips 237EQPH connect on Intel Graphic HD 4600
- Windows 10 64 bit 1809
- Graphics driver 19.4.1
- Latest UEFI BIOS from AMD flashed
Another thing is that the LG 27UK850-W monitor has two FreeSync mode: extended and basic, I don't know if this would be a problem, but I always use extended mode before on Vega64.
The original thread is here:
Dear AMD, please do something....
Graphics driver 19.5.1 have tested both extended and basic FreeSync mode on LG 27UK850-W, BSOD 0x116 still here....