Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mr_bear
Adept I

Radeon RX 570 - no post/black screen

Issue:

So i have this issue where the only way i can get my new ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 570 4G to work if i first boot up with integrated graphics shut it down then install the card then MAYBE it works. 

Computer Specs:

intel core i7 4770

16 GB DDR3 ram

dell 0kwvt8 motherboard

Corsair VS450 PSU

(Hopeful a working RX 570 by the end of this)

0 Likes
5 Replies
mr_bear
Adept I

I have a feeling its just a case of newer and older hardware not being compatible but i'd like a second opinion before i spend 400 plus dollars. i have set my bois to its defaults although it has and older bios from 2013 and it is a legacy bios. Its not a defective card because the first rx 570 i got did the same thing and got sent a new one and this one also does it. i previously used a GTX 760 and i did uninstall the nvidia drivers and install AMD drivers. 

0 Likes

Could be that but it should work. Are you running the latest bios for your motherboard? Have you reset your bios to defaults, sometimes this does wonders. You might also try that card in another slot if one is available. You might also want to try that card in another computer to rule out the possibility you got a lemon of a card.

0 Likes

So i did load the defaults for my bois and that didn't change anything and i am not running the latest version of my bios mainly because idk how to update it but it is a really old version from like 2013, i doubt it is a defective card because thats what i thought at first and sent it back and got sent a new one so that wasn't the problem, and i thought i should mention i am using legacy boot.

0 Likes

Update the bios. Dell will have instructions.

0 Likes

Hey thanks man, i believe that did just the trick!!!