cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chibisuke
Adept I

can i change the video codec of the 7600g to VCE

hi so I was wondering if it is possible to make the video codec of the 7600g video card into the VCE codec any help would be very much appreciated and thanks for your time

1 Solution

Did it specify whether it was a Graphics driver or headset driver or even an audio driver?

You never mentioned the APU Processor your laptop has installed. But from my research you seemed to have a A8-4555M Processor with a 7600g integrated Graphics. IF THIS IS CORRECT, you have a legacy APU which is not supported by AMD with any more AMD Driver updates. The last driver for this APU is from 2015: A8-4555M with Radeon™ HD 7600G Drivers & Support | AMD 

If the AMD driver is the problem than you probably are out of luck since there are no more updates unless you have an older AMD driver installed then the one from AMD.com.

Have you tried to see if there are any new GEAR Headset drivers available for Windows 10?   You can also check to see if there are any new BIOS and Chip Sets Drivers for your laptop than the one you have currently installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

You didn't mention which software you are going to be using VCE with.

This old previous thread at OBS Forum (2014) mentions how to get VCE to work on our APU A8-4555M with HD7600g: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996/ 

Also another old Reddit Thread (2016) on how to activate VCE in OBS: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4vbgeq/amd_vce_media_framework_support_for_obs_studio/ 

Since your APU is old, it probably supports VCE 1.0. So unless the software you are gong to use support VCE 1.0 it most likely won't work. just guessing. No harm in trying.

Wikipedia explains about the various versions of VCE and what GPUs support them: Video Coding Engine - Wikipedia 

the software im trying to use is ALVR its on GitHub if u need the link I can give it to you

0 Likes
chibisuke
Adept I

please help I would really like to use it and I went to both the links and one the links are down and the other isn't very explanatory so please help

0 Likes

Well, thanks for mentioning the software you are having issues with. I didn't realize it was a Virtual Reality software.

Have you consider trying other Virtual Reality software including Windows 10 own VR feature to see if your VR Headset works.

Are you using GEAR HEADSETs or OCULUS GO Headsets?  Do you have the latest Drivers for your VR Headsets installed?

Try running Windows 10 Mixed Reality (VR) feature. It has a feature that checks your computer to see if it is compatible with Windows VR Software.

Can you please post your computer information. This will help determine if your hardware is compatible with VR.

The links I gave was just to make active VCE for that particular software.

Went to GITHUB and from there found this Thread that will be useful to you. It shows many Users having VCE issues and the fixes they used to correct the issue. Seems like ALVR was not compatible with AMD in 2018 from some of the earlier comments: Bountysource 

If I were you, I would register and log in at BountySource. They seem to be the ideal Forum to answer your questions on ALVR.

EDIT: Found This Link In The Above Thread To Determine VCE In AMD: GitHub - Rigaya / VCEEnc: VCE high speed encoding of the performance experiment with 

im using gear vr and I ran the windows mixed reality and it said that my computer didn't meet the minimum requirments

also the bounty thing u sent is actually something from the GitHub itself so ive aready seen that

0 Likes

What part failed for having VR Minimum requirements in Windows 10?

0 Likes

drivers

0 Likes

Did it specify whether it was a Graphics driver or headset driver or even an audio driver?

You never mentioned the APU Processor your laptop has installed. But from my research you seemed to have a A8-4555M Processor with a 7600g integrated Graphics. IF THIS IS CORRECT, you have a legacy APU which is not supported by AMD with any more AMD Driver updates. The last driver for this APU is from 2015: A8-4555M with Radeon™ HD 7600G Drivers & Support | AMD 

If the AMD driver is the problem than you probably are out of luck since there are no more updates unless you have an older AMD driver installed then the one from AMD.com.

Have you tried to see if there are any new GEAR Headset drivers available for Windows 10?   You can also check to see if there are any new BIOS and Chip Sets Drivers for your laptop than the one you have currently installed.

0 Likes

no that's correct I have the a8 4555m apu so ill just get a egpu so that I can use alvr thanks