cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nyichiban
Adept I

only 1 card shows up instead of 2

Installed 2 radeon rx580 for crossfire in a new build and it only shows 1 card. Not sure why it's not detecting the other card. 

System specs are:

Ryzen 5 2400G

Asus Strix B-450-F

16GB DDR4 3000 g.skill

250gb Mushkin ssd

seasonic 650W PSU

Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit

AMD Adrenalin 19.4.3

Any ideas why the second one isn't detecting? Brand new build so popped both in and installed fine. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Might want to ask ASUS about this,

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Might want to ask ASUS about this,

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
nyichiban
Adept I

Looks like the issue is with the CPU being one with Ryzen and Vega graphics the 2nd card needs to be in the 3rd pci-e slot which isn't reinforced. Looks like i'll need to get a regular ryzen now and the 3rd pci-e slot doesn't give me room to put another card nor are the slots in the back of my case to allow it. 

0 Likes
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner

Curious - is it only showing one of the 2 RX580's in Device Manager? If both are showing, are you talking about Radeon Settings only showing one GPU because Crossfire is enabled?

0 Likes

Yea like goodplay‌ mentioned it has to do with the Ryzen chip I have. I have the 2400G which has the onboard video and for crossfire to work on that chip it needs to be on the pci16_3 slot but that's all the way on the bottom of the board and no room to fit a card on there in my mid-tower case. Ordered the Ryzen 1300 so I can use crossfire in the slots that are used now which is the pcie16_1 and pcie16_2 as those are the only 2 that will allow me to fit my cards. So bad CPU choice on my part as I didn't know that the Ryzen APUs needed to have cards in different positions on this particular board. 

0 Likes

Sorry, I think you're misunderstanding what I asked. I was just curious about if 2 x RX580's are showing up in Windows Device Manager. Looking back how I phrased the question though - Crossfire would not be enabled in this scenario and that may have caused the confusion.

Either way, is there a specific reason you're looking into using Crossfire or which apps/games you plan playing with?

0 Likes

So like I mentioned and what goodplay posted it is because of the cpu used and slots used that caused the issue. So only 1 card shows up in device manager. The reason for crossfire? Just because I want to have it for games that could take advantage of it.