• Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASRock Z270 Gaming K6
  • CPU/APU
    • 4.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-7700K
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 RGB 700W
  • RAM
    • 32GB

When using 18.4 drivers, all three of the monitors detected 3840x2160 max resolution (but I was running them at 2560x1440).

I was forced to update the drivers to 19.3 to run an application.  Since that time, 2 of the monitors detect properly as 3840x2160 max resolution (but I am running them at 2560x1440), but the third monitor detects a maximum resolution of 1920x1080.  The monitor with the issue is attached via the DVI to HDMI cable.

I have powered off the offending monitor, disconnected it from the PC, Rebooted the PC, Reattached the Monitor and powered it on.  It still detects at 1920x1080 resolution.

I tried to install the older drivers, but it brought up the new driver install.  How do I get Windows to detect the third monitor correctly?

0 Likes
3 Replies
carlpalmer
Journeyman III

So what exactly is the point of this website?  Is it just so people have a place to report errors in your drivers, because it has been days with 0 tech support.  It is obvious to me now, that NVIDIA will be receiving my business from now on.  Thanks for nothing AMD.

0 Likes

No, this is a user to user forum:

AMD Support Forums - Rules & Regulations & Terms of Membership

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators.

If you want to contact AMD support use one of the provided links:

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

1. Get rid of the adapters.  i.e. use GOOD native cabling. It will take some of the potential pitfalls out of the equation.
  2. That's a lot of pixels. You may be exceeding the GPU's capability when running all 3 at full res. I dunno, you'd have to look that up.
  3. Which 390 model. There's a bunch, each with different ports.
  4. This isn't a chat site, not all of us can hang around answering questions all day, so relax.
ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes