cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

izzirhien
Journeyman III

I need help with my rx 580 display please

I recently purchased the radeon rx 580 video card as I was in dire need of an upgrade but when I first used it I couldn't use the most recent driver suite because everything was blocky and weird looking (I have attached a picture taken with a cell to show what the text looks like, I can't use a screen shot because apparently those come out looking clean to other people). I've had some friends tell me it's my monitors, and others tell me it';s the AMD driver itself. I did find a way around the issue in that I used the "rollback driver" option in my device manager and it worked beautifully the weird blocky text was gone and I only had to worry about getting the occasional message from WoW that my driver was out of date. However today my computer had awin10 update and I no longer have the rollback driver option so I'm stuck in blocky hell. I've used the AMD cleaner to remove all prior drivers and suites, I have tried installing the newest driver, the oldest one I could find on the support AMD website and one or two inbetween with no luck whatsoever. 

I'm running windows 10 64,m used the amdcleanuputilityx64 and every driver I've tried today has been downloaded directly from AMD. I've also messed around in scaling sizing in display options, I've tried the "help reduce blur" option in windows 10, even the "clear text" option (though that doesn't help because most of my games are just as blocky like mini lego games).

Any advice would be appreciated, as I went to bed last night with a functioning computer and now I have this

0 Likes
4 Replies
izzirhien
Journeyman III

funkytext.jpg

0 Likes

Some more INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION , might help for someone to offer suggestions. 

Win 10 build vers., was card bought new/used/refurb. ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

izzirhien‌ , Hello, I have too same RX 580 and same Windows 10. Make it clear what your question is. I am not native to English so I always try to write less but leave my question very clear so that other users read and respond quickly.

0 Likes

Download the latest drivers.

Dowload DDU, display driver uninstaller from wagnardsoft_com.  Follow the instructions, must run from safe mode with internet disabled.

Reboot and with internet still disabled install the AMD driver.

Should take care of it. If not you may have a hardware problem and I would suggest you try your card in another computer to verify.

0 Likes