cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jrberdecia
Journeyman III

need AMD A6-3420M drivers

Hello everyone, my neighbor has a laptop which is an AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.50 GHz. I had to re-install windows 7 but after that, the system did not setup the network driver. Now, I can't have access to the internet because of that missing driver. I went to the AMD website and was able to download a tool to identify the missing drivers but in order to fix the problem after finding them, the tool wants to connect to the internet to do the download but without a network created, I can't access the internet. Without the internet access, I can't download and without the driver, I can't create the network to have access to the internet (what came first, the chicken or the egg). I hasn't been able to find a place where i can just download in another laptop the driver that i need to copy in the AMD laptop. If there anyway that someone can provide that driver (to create the network connection) in a zip file or any other way, or direct me to a location where i can download and install in the laptop so after that i can run the tool again and install every other driver from AMD. It will be greatly appreciated. I'm just doing a favor to my neighbor.

Jose R Berdecia

0 Likes
3 Replies

The easiest thing to do would be to reinstall Win7. After the initial install and reboot...go to Windows Update and install all available updates and service packs (there will be a 100+).

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

When you get a message that there are no more updates available then install the latest/last AMD driver (I would use the 16.2.1 version):

A6-3420M with Radeon™ HD 6520G Drivers & Support | AMD 

0 Likes
jrberdecia
Journeyman III

Thanks kingfish for the reply but that brings me to another question, I did reinstall windows 7 but i downloaded the .iso into a rw dvd to create an installation disk. I was able to do the w7 reinstall but i was not connected to the internet, isn't the windows update process requiring internet connectivity? I've being reading that it does and then i still have the same problem, no network adapter driver, no internet connection to setup. All I need is a way to setup that network adapter connection (by getting the network adapter driver) for that particular model (AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.50 GHz) so I can create the internet connection and then i can update windows and install all the necessary drivers to the laptop. AMD does not have a way to download a single driver, the only options is download a program (non-whql-win8.1-win7-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1-sep20.exe) that will look into their website and download all the necessary drivers but for that I need connection to the internet.

I don't have a disk or any type of media that have the network adapter driver and it looks like AMD does not offer this option like inter does.

0 Likes

You need to go to the laptop manufacturers site and download/install the network adapter that the laptop came with.