Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

graphomet
Newcomer

AMD PC build Regarding Post Production

Hello forum - AMD enthusiasts 

I'm currently trying to gather information regarding AMD cpu and GPU. My current build which is 10 years old

build in 2009 is coming to the final stage to be retired. My new job which is post production using Adobe premiere - After Effects ( mainly will require a good performing CPU and GPU ( so will other PC components but just focusing on these 2 at the moment). I've seen 100s of videos on Youtube with various performance benchmarks. My question is, are there any graphic designers - Post production- multimedia professionals which can share some of their specs and builds,

( A modest build up to $3000 USD would be my budget, unless I need to spend more) which can show case/portfolio of their works, how capable their AMD builds are. I have seen pugent systems which favour mostly intel over AMD, but I cannot take their word for granted, because reviews can be bias, so I'd rather get my information from AMD users themselves which have no reason to misinform me about a current product.

Kind regards.

PS: A) Should I wait for AMDs new CPU ryzen 3000 series?

B) these 2 CPUs have caught my attention:

AMD - Threadripper 1900X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor

AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor

0 Likes
1 Reply

There is just a plethora of questions that would need to be asked to know what your expectations are. Do you need real time rendering? What resolution will you be rendering at? Etc... Etc....   There are many forums out there dedicated to post production, I would ask there too. Also there are companies that build machines specifically for that purpose. Talking with one of their sales reps may help. Linus from https://linustechtips.com/main/    has done many videos on such builds too, you might find helpful.

0 Likes