• acer bellmere_be + insyde corp. v1.07.in01
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD A6 7310 with radeon R4 graphics
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • BATTERY
  • RAM
    • 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz SODIMM

issue :

After updating from crimsion to adrenalin my screen starts freezing for regular intervals and is very annoying for me.

0 Likes
2 Replies
khun_doug
Elite

While I don't have a laptop with an AMD CPU, or even an embedded AMD GPU, I believe I can offer some assistance. I've seen this behavior myself on a desktop PC. Let's see if we can isolate and resolve the problem.

First, you don't mention what version of Windows 10 you are running? If you are not on build 1809, doing so may resolve the issue. Also, I see in the taskbar the Microsoft Edge DEV icon. That is the new version of Edge that is based on Chromium. I have that version as well and there are bugs enough that I only use it for a few tests and then I close it. Does this problem happen when you have that version of Edge closed? I suggest that because one of the bugs I found in that version of Edge was causing network problems while it was running but the problem ceased when I closed the browser.

In Adrenalin go to the Display tab. You should see the laptop's display. Make sure the various choices are set properly. It may be that changing things in this area will resolve your problem.

A few tests you can try that may also resolve the problem. First, try doing a clean uninstall using a free tool on Internet called DDU. The best way to use the tool is to have the laptop in Safe Mode. Uninstall the driver, reboot, and then install Adrenalin. That will make sure the driver install is clean. Another test would be to try this while the laptop is in Safe Mode. That would show if there is something else causing the problem (something that doesn't run in Safe Mode but is there in a regular startup).

Please let us know what results you get. Others may run into this problem and find this thread.

0 Likes

I uninstalled and reinstalled driver as you suggested but it does not work even microsoft edge dev uninstalled but when i started laptop in safe mode with adrenalin driver installed it fixed.

0 Likes