Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

khaostheory
Journeyman III

radeon rx 590 no HDMI audio

Hello,

I have recently purchased a "custom" pc from a company and have had it for about a week and have had issues with the audio as when I have it connected VIA hdmi it provides picture but no audio. It won't even show up under sounds with disabled/disconnected selected. However the onboard audio works just fine while looking under device manager the tab "Audio input and output" is not there and the AMD HDMI audio driver does not show up.

Apologies if kind of confusing or wrong section as don't know which category to place this under.  Will provide any information that would be needed.

0 Likes
3 Replies

I would follow this basic method of installing new AMD Drivers:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

Here is the latest AMD Driver for the RX590: Radeon™ RX 590 Drivers & Support | AMD 

After installing the driver as per above procedure, Go to Device Manager and see:

1) See if your RX590 AMD Driver is running without errors

2) See if AMD HD Audio Device is showing

3) Make sure there are no yellow Exclamation marks or Errors showing for any driver.

Now go to Windows Sound Panel and select your Default Audio device with AMD Audio. Make sure you have your HDMI cable connected to the RX590 and under BIOS the RX590 is the main Graphic adapter for booting into Windows and not your Integrated Graphics.

Worth noting is that if you do #2 it will remove any and all custom game profiles you have made. For me that would be hours of work. Running DDU without uninstalling the driver will still remove the driver thoroughly but will leave all custom profiles in tact. Just a thought as it would be a concern for me to do it this way.

Good point. The OP can always relocate the files that has its game profiles and then after updating relocate it back.

But, in my opinion, if the OP is having problems installing or running the driver or its related software,  it is best to completely eliminate all traces of the previous driver and it related software.  Never know if those game profiles might be corrupted or some how affect the new driver and its related software being installed.

0 Likes