cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jwkeller54
Journeyman III

Idling TR 2740wx system temperature? UEFI says "29 degC"; lm-sensors "sensors" command says "101.8 degC" ??

This is a CentOS 7.5 system running lm-sensors app. Sensors command reports 101.8 degC. Restarting and immediately going into the UEFI shows "29 degC". Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3. System seems otherwise stable. Running all 24 cores drives sensors output to "124 degC", i.e. about +22 degC over idle. Even given a +27 degC offset, that would be 74.8 degC at idle and 96.8 deg all cores... still too high.  Mortherboard MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

jwkeller54, the only reliable Ryzen temperature reporter that I am aware of is Ryzen Master (RM).  Do you have a way to run RM on Linux or can you boot W10 for a while?  If so, please post a screenshot of RM - simply drag-n-drop the image to your reply.  Please forget about the 27 C offset you have heard of.  All Threadrippers have a maximum temperature of 68C as measured by tCtl.  I know almost nothing about Linux, but am sure Threadripper will not allow the CPU to get as hot as you have written unless PROCHOT has been disabled.  I do not recommend this.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes