cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

marpel
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor with Radeon Vega graphics.

Can't get new computer build (with noted processor) to recognize second monitor (VGA with HDMI converter), keep getting "no signal" message. Can't run monitor calibration system (Spectraview and Xrite DTP94 - Spectraview rep advises processor needs DDC/CI compatibility). Can't run all Photoshop functions.

1. How do I determine if processor will support two monitors and if it can, how do I get it to work?

2. How do I determine if processor possesses DDC/CI communications interface? And if not, can I add it through download?

3. How do I determine if processor supports all Photoshop functions?

Was advised by salespersons that this system would be sufficient for image editing, but, so far, I fear otherwise.

Thanks, Marv

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Marpel, please see here.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

John,

Thanks for the link. I may have missed your message when I penned my last entry.

Marv

0 Likes

Not sure if this will help answer some of your questions. But here are all the APU's instructions and Graphic Specs: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Zen/AMD-Ryzen%205%202400G.html 

From WikiChips website gives similar and easier Specs: Ryzen 5 2400G - AMD - WikiChip 

The Processor can support three monitors. Your APU has HDMI and DP controllers. Your motherboard might be able to support VGA if it has a DAC on it and VGA Output.

Make sure your HDMI adapter is the "Active" type that converts the HDMI signal into a analog VGA signal before reaching the VGA Monitor.

Didn't mention which version of Adobe Photoshop you have but this is the system requirements :Photoshop system requirements 

Photoshop Graphics Requirement. Same link as above:

This website reviews your APU and two AMD APUs plus mentions 3D Rendering, Video Transcoding, and Photoshop Performance charts: https://www.techarp.com/computer/amd-ryzen-5-2400g-apu-review/3/ 

0 Likes

elstaci,

Thanks very much for all your efforts in providing the information and links. Since the time I submitted my initial post, I have been able to get two monitors to operate (not even sure how I accomplished that). As I know very little about computer stuff, I took a look at the info you provided and am unable to determine if the DDC/CI I mentioned exists in these specs. And I am thinking that, although I could probably get some Photoshop functions to work, I would likely be better off with adding a graphics card anyway. More research is necessary.

Thanks again,

Marv