cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

compengdude
Journeyman III

my rx480 had an on board power supply failure, is it at all possible to send it in to get repaired at cost to me, card was never overclocked, and i am 100% certain the gpu itself is working perfectly

component with red dot was leaking oily liquid, and would release more if pressure was applied (path indicated by blue lines) leads marked in yellow were singed resister marked in orange likely burned out as well. on the flip side of the board the little silver box right next to the power supply-in (and directly above the singed components on bottom of board) has singing, all other components and parts on board look perfect. card never had any issues before i booted the other day and it wasnt recognised by pc or even bios or post, wont fan wont even spin up. so im 100% convinced its a power supply failure. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Have you checked to see if your RX 480 is still under Warranty from the card Manufacturer?

If it is, I would open an RMA Request from the card's Manufacturer Support to either replace or repair your GPU card.

If it isn't under Warranty, See how much the Card's manufacturer support will charge you for repairing your card.  You can try and see if a AMD Service Center is near by that you can send the card in for repairs and find out how much it will cost if the card's manufacturer can't repair it.

You can open a AMD WARRANTY REQUEST and see if they can tell you where is the closest AMD Service Center is: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD .

NOTE: The Warranty on the GPU card is valid, if still applicable,  from AMD if purchased from AMD.com.

0 Likes