cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

redzeptic
Journeyman III

Black Screens, Green Screens, Rainbow pixel screens...

So for the past over 2-3 years or so, since 2016 I've been dealing with my two rx 480's (one of them is from a friend) having sporadic black screens(since about mid to late 2016 to early 2017), green screens (more recently), and rainbow like pixel screens (also more recently). I've look at the different options I could do to fix this on here and other venues but to no avail. Only now after I sat here looking at my monitor, which went black, and waited 2-3 minutes, did I think I should say something(and I have used these gpu's on different monitors to double check). I initially thought this would go away with driver updates, and that was the wrong assumption. I've used DDU to reset my gpu drivers multiple times, along with changing the motherboard, but it still did nothing to remedy this issue.

My Gpu performance apparently goes down from its stock clocks, to 300mhz on both the gpu chip and vram. I've even under clocked it and have seen slight improvements but this could be just luck, it does surley come back. I'm not sure what to do, or what can be done. Thanks for reading.

My system specs are as follows:

CPU: i5 6600k

MOBO: MSI - Z170A SLI plus

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 16gb

GPU: 1 MSI(non Gaming X) Rx 480 / currently installed

PSU: EVGA 750w 80+ Bronze SuperNova NEX

0 Likes
0 Replies