Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

trimstr
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600x idle frequency after BIOS update

Hi guys,

Could anyone help me please ?

My problem is that, i've updated the BIOS and since then my cpu went crazy, its jumping from 2100 mhz to 4200mzh like constantly. it wont go below 2000mhz on idle no matter what i do.

Asus x470 pro

Ryzen 5 2600x

Asus RTX 2060 oc

16 GB DDR4 Corsair 3000mhz

Corsair mx650

Im on balanced power saving settings in windows, tried C-state enable/auto nothing happend.

Newest chipset installed.

Never OC-ed, default bios settings. if i change the epu to power saving in windows then its constant 2000-2200 mhz. it wont go below that, before bios update everything was ok. If i remember correctly 800-900 mhz idle.

What is causing this ?

Is that ok that the cpu runs at 2,2 all the time ?

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

trimstr, I'm short on time right now, but a quick comment or two.  Many user complain about Ryzen temperatures and frequency bouncing around a lot.  If you go to the advanced option on the power plan, you can change the speed to fit your needs.  The pictures you posted look fine to me.  My 2990WX runs 2000 MHz most of the time, then boost over 4000MHz.  The high frequencies are fine if the temperature stays reasonable.  After doing a Clear CMOS using your user manual instructions, please post a Ryzen Master (RM) screenshot - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Sorry I missed your post.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Ryzen speeds are all over the dial, I use HWmonitor and even though the CPU is clocked up the power use is < 1W so it seems that AMD has changed the power curve to speed up awakening etc without using extra power overall

0 Likes