AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue setting up graphics card for second screen via HMDI Cable

Question asked by spike7491 on Apr 11, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2019 by goodplay

Hello there

I have just spent a lot of time and effort fitting a HDMI Cable under my floor boards so that I can send videos etc from my PC to my TV , when I first connected my HDMI cable to my Graphics card on my TV  ( my monitor is connected to my graphics card via VGA cable  ) ,  I got my desktop image but no icons were showing .

I messed about with the AMD Catylist Control centre settings , then I got icons showing on the TV , but when I come out of the AMD Control Center and re booted , they did not show and now when I plug in the HDMI cable into my PC , then click on a icon it does not load up to a full screen just shows on the bottom task bar , if I hover over the icon then it will show a mini full page obove it , and the info on the task bar is not all there ( No , audio icon, ENG as in keyboard icon , or internet icon ) but the TV is showing all the task bar !

So I do not know what has happened I can not do any settings with the HDMI cable plugged in because there is no full screen to see anything .

Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be , I am thinking of removing the Graphics card uninstalling the AMD Control Center then reistall card etc ! .

Windows 10 ,64 bit ,

home built PC:  Gigabyet GA-73PVM

4Gb ram 

Graphics: AMD HD Radeon 6670 Driver v15.200.1062.1004

Display :Hp W1907  via VGA 

TV: LG 43" 43LF540V  via HDMI

cheers

Spike

Outcomes