cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ivarpoiss
Newcomer

Radeon VII one of the displayports stopped detecting my monitor

After running Assetto Corsa Competizione in Steam VR mode for the first time. Monitor resolution instantly dropped to 640x480. Was able to set it back to native afterwards. VR display was fine. Ran it again the next day. Monitor resolution was fine, but Vive HDMI audio was crackling (was crackling earlier, but then thought it was an app issue). Went for a reboot. Black screen, no signal, after Windows startup. Monitor detected as generic pnp monitor. Resolution locked at 640x480.

Unblessed and blessed it again (BIOS, DDU, etc).

Same. Black screen on driver installation. Other 2 displayports work fine. Hardware defect?

UPDATE: Pimax 5k+ is working seemingly fine on that "faulty" port, but not quite. For example  - Pitool brainwrap refresh rate setting change results in instant BSOD, which doesn't happen if Pimax is connected to any other port.

UPDATE2: Pitool refresh rate change also BSODs on other DPs. After more attempts to change it. Seems to be a sparate issue.

UPDATE3: Now the same crashes always end in a bsod. Currently on 19.12.2. Attached kd !analyze -v output for a memory dump.

0 Likes
5 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

To clarify, you use the same DP cable attached to the monitor having problems, and plug it into a different DP port on the card, and then the monitor works fine?

0 Likes

Yes. Same everything.

0 Likes

I can only come to the same conclusion as you, that the port is messed up on the gpu. I never heard of such an issue before.

0 Likes
ivarpoiss
Newcomer

And I'm just hoping it's a driver/software issue. Since I've had all sorts of issues with ACC specifically, which only happen on the game startups/shutdown process. I'll test the card on a different machine / os, when I get the chance.

0 Likes
ivarpoiss
Newcomer

After a while (somewhere during the summer) I figured out that it was a "badly" recovered driver crash. Only solved by plugging the display into a different DP and then back to the original DP.

Now the same crashes always end in a bsod. Currently on 19.12.2.

In ACC this always happens during loading. After loading the track/level has completed. I get 1 frame after getting into a game and then crash. Happens roughly 1 out of 10 times I load into a game.

I'll just request an RMA. I've been also getting bsod-s from video decoding. Chrome and VLC. Once on youtube, mostly from the the video player on escapistmagazine.com. Usually right after booting up 1st time during a day.

0 Likes