cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

qjn1
Journeyman III

Dual screen issues

I have an RX580 setup with a computer monitor (DVI-D) and tv screen(HDMI). I use mostly my computer monitor only while my tv screen is not 'on' or using 'source' and yet my card automatically assumes my tv is the first screen and monitor is my second without any way to change it. This setup is awful because I can't change any settings for either screen while my GPU occasionally works hard, I assume it is because my tv screen (even though it's not being used as my screen) as its set to push 4K and I'm just browsing when this happens.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

Try this. I don't have 4k or anything but this works among my 3 monitors. I can set any one of them to be  main display.

Right click desktop and choose display settings

At the top select the display you want to be "main display" (note it must be connected and have the large icon so extend or  duplicate) and scroll down and you'll see a spot to checkmark "Make this my main display".

Then select your other display and scroll down to Multiple displays, and disconnect this display should be an option in the drop down menu. You can re-enable from the "project settings menu".

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

Thanks for your input.

My computer monitor still shows up as my secondary display even after checking "make this my main display." I have no option to disconnect either display in the drop-down menu.

Not sure why it's giving me such a hard time to change settings in Windows settings and Radeons.

0 Likes