Hello Red community !
I have bought a Ryzen 7 2700X 2 months ago for my new computer and for the most of it, I'm really happy. But I have saw a weird behavior, and I hope you will help me to solve or understand what's going on.
I'm explaining myself but first configuration of my computer :
- Gigabyte AORUS X470 Gaming 5 Wifi (latest BIOS)
- Ryzen 7 2700X cooled by Noctua NH-U14S (NF-A15 cooler chromax)
- 2x 8 Go DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance (in dual channel of course)
- EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 XC
- 3x SSD samsungs (1To (Game) - 512 Go (Development) -256 Go (OS))
- Creative Sound Blaster X-AE5
- Power supply : Corsair RM850 (gold)
The issue I have right now is :
When my CPU is idle in windows, watching it in CPU-Z, I can observe my core speed oscillating between 4075MHz and 4150MHz with the multiplier switching obviously and the core Voltage oscillating between 1.3V and 1.32V. (due to XFR2 I think).
But when I began to do some work (rendering, benching with cinebench for example), my CPU core speed goes down to 3950MHz - 3975MHz with a Vcore voltage going down also to 1.27V - 1.28V.
What is causing that? What do you think can make this happen? Is it a thermal throttle ? Seems weird because my CPU is under 45°C idle (with better clock speed...) and never goes up to 65°C at work.
For information I have compared measures from CPU-Z with HWMonitor to be sure it is not a software related problem.
I have linked some images if you need more infos.