Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

martak
Adept I

Vega 64 wont work in my PCIE 3.0x16 slot

Hi guys, 

My Vega 64 wont work in my PCIE 3.0x16 slot. 

When i move it to lower one (PCIE 3.0x8) it works great and PC will boot. 

When i try my other GPU (GTX 1070) every works great in the PCIE 3.0x16 slot. 

I have cleared the CMOS on my mobo and updated the BIOS but the problem is still there. 

Mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Carbon Pro 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: AMD Sapphire Radeon rx Vega 64 

Memory: Corsair vengeance RGB (16 GB)@2133Mhz

HDD: M2 Samsung Evo 970 1TB

I have asked MSI about it (thinking it might be a motherboard issue) but they wherent able to fix it. 

Best regards, 

Martin

0 Likes
1 Solution
martak
Adept I

MSI came back to me and I have now tried an older bios version, this also did nothing to fix the issue. 

I also saw a setting in my Bios menu "Above 4G memory/crypto currency mining" which i tried to enable and then move the GPU to PCIE1. 

My motherboard didnt show any error leds but i couldnt post into bios or windows. 

When I then tried to restart my PC again the motherboard showed the "VGA error LED" again.

The fix is... Swapping motherboard. My Vega 64 is now runnning like a charm on my Asus rog strix B350-f gaming mobo. 

According to MSI it's a bug... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
martak
Adept I

MSI came back to me and I have now tried an older bios version, this also did nothing to fix the issue. 

I also saw a setting in my Bios menu "Above 4G memory/crypto currency mining" which i tried to enable and then move the GPU to PCIE1. 

My motherboard didnt show any error leds but i couldnt post into bios or windows. 

When I then tried to restart my PC again the motherboard showed the "VGA error LED" again.

The fix is... Swapping motherboard. My Vega 64 is now runnning like a charm on my Asus rog strix B350-f gaming mobo. 

According to MSI it's a bug... 

0 Likes