cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

seanmi96
Journeyman III

low frame rate with rx580

I have a asrock 990FX professional motherboard (am3) 32gb ram, with qty:2 radeon RX580 (8gb) graphics cards.  I am experiencing very low frame rates (some where between 20 to 30 FPS)  I am using the AMD adrenalized software which recognizes both graphics card, and has set up for crossfire.  I am not sure how to correct the low frame rate issue.  Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sean

0 Likes
6 Replies
seanmi96
Journeyman III

Below is the full system information

Desktop

Motherboard:            Asrock fatal1ty professional 990FX  

BIOS Version            015.050.002.001

Processor:                 AMD FX 8350 8-core

Display:                     Specture 32inch HD 10180p display 60hz

Graphics cards:         Qty: 2   Sapphire nitro radeon RX580 8gb    

Graphics drivers:        Adrenalin 2019 Radeon 19.3.3

Connector type:          HDMI running crossfire dual graphics card

memory:                      32 gb qty: 4 DIMMs of 1333MHZ GDDR5

Power supply:               AZZA 1000watt 

Description of issue:

Upgraded graphics cards to utilize crossfire, and after installing and upgrading software and etc.  The frame rate is sooo much worse then when running one graphic card.  I am only getting 10 to 20 fps tops, on Overwatch,Minecraft, Doom, fallout 4, and etc.  I need to know what settings i am missing to get crossfire working properly. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

0 Likes

In Radeon Settings do you see Primary and Linked adapter? Do you have the cards in the correct slots so they are running at x16/x16? Did you perform a clean install of the drivers when you put in a second card?

0 Likes
seanmi96
Journeyman III

Black_Zion,

The graphic cards are in the correct slots.  I thought about that too.  both slot are assigned to the x16 in Bios.  Still, slow / low frame rates.  I even pulled out one of the graphic cards and I am currently running on one, and the frame rate went up about 40 to 50 fps.  Then next thing i will do is re-install a fresh driver install, when I put the 2nd card back in, and will let you know the outcome there. 

Again thanks for all your help on this

Sean

0 Likes
taru
Adept II

After performing the clean installation Adjust the FRTC settings using the Radeon overlay

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-026#faq-Adjust-FRTC-Settings-Using-Radeon-Overlay

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/frtc

0 Likes

Taru,

Thanks for your advice on the FRTC settings and everything else.  The two PC I built for my son and myself are running flawless on crossfire graphics cards and loving it.  GREAT gaming experience.  Couldn't be more happier.  Thanks again.  I AM AN AMD FAN for life!!!

Sean

0 Likes