AnsweredAssumed Answered

2700x Sleep / Win 10 / or X470 F Gaming Bug?

Question asked by stinkypete1211 on Mar 30, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2019 by misterj

Setup:

Asus x470 F gaming

2700x - XFR2 & PBO enabled in BIOS

GSkill Trident Z 3200 

Kraken x62 AIO

Recently built this system and was experiencing thermal throttling. I was using the  pre-applied thermal paste on the AIO block while waiting for thermal paste to be delivered. Since I was lazy, I was hoping a BIOS update would improve temps. Since the updated BIOS (4207 to 4406) did not improve temps, I replaced the stock pre-applied paste with GC2 Extreme and saw an immediate improvement.

I started noticing odd things when running Cinebench benchmark on 4406. When I run the benchmark after system starts up, the scores are in the 1890 - 1900 range. Ryzen Master (RM) shows PBO is enabled and CPU frequency boosts to 4.27 GHz.

I am using a negative .05 voltage offset and within HWInfo, the core voltages (Core VID) are fixed while the CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN) is dynamic.

When I run a Cinebench after sleep, the CPU will only boost to 4.05 GHz resulting in a lower benchmark score. Within RM, PBO is no longer showing enabled and the control method says Auto. Within HWInfo, the core voltages are no longer fixed and the highest voltage will match the SVI2 TFN voltage.

I thought this might be a BIOS issue so I flash back to 4207.  The issue with control method switching from PBO to Auto after sleep does not occur in this BIOS version. The lower boost frequency after sleep and voltage mismatch in HWInfo still occurs. 

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue or if there is a more stable BIOS version I should switch to.

I will play around with Performance Enhance Levels (Level 4), CPU LLC (Level 2) and CPU & SoC LLC (Optimized) to see if any of these settings make a difference.

Outcomes