potatoesaretubers

Frequent BSODs and other driver-related issues

Discussion created by potatoesaretubers on Mar 30, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2019 by potatoesaretubers

I've been experiencing lots of issues ever since I upgraded to my Vega 56 (screen flickering, system crashes/freezes, BSODs, screen tearing, multi-screen output failure, FPS drops, crashes in multiple video games).  I RMAed it assuming I received a brick, but the replacement card I received had the same issues.  My next thought was that I had some hardware incompatibility issues, but I upgraded basically all parts of my rig and experienced the same problems.  I've done countless AMD driver uninstalls using the AMD cleanup utility, DDU, and Driver Fusion.  I've tried multiple versions of Adrenalin to no avail (Crimson fails on install and causes an infinite boot loop).  My most recent BSOD was BAD POOL CALLER, but I've had multiple others, all pointing to video driver issues.  I even tried a clean Windows reinstall and installed only Adrenalin to see if there was a software interaction issue, but the screen flickering appeared almost immediately.  All GPU settings are set to stock.  I'm at my wits' end and would appreciate any advice.

System Info:

PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Vega 56

Ryzen 7 2700x

ASRock x470 Taichi

Patriot Viper 4 16GB 3733 DDR4

SeaSonic x650W Gold Certified

Samsung U28E590 and some ancient Panasonic plasma TV

Windows 10 Pro

Currently on Adrenalin 19.3.3, but I've tried basically all versions, and Crimson won't install properly

Outcomes