cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kylhacker
Journeyman III

RX 580 crash with two monitors

Hello, my issue is that i can't run 2 monitors at one time.

When i use only one monitor is all good, even on stress test. But when i plug in second monitor, system crash after ~30 seconds, and goes to reebot. I also want to note that my previous videocard (r9 270x sapphire) works fine with that system and two monitors.

My specs:

i5 3470\8+8 ddr3\rx580 sapphire nitro+ special edition\corsair 550w

My monitors:

acer v226hql (main)

acer al171

Both are connected through vga-hdmi adapter. And work fine independently, so problem is not in adapter.

What i already did:

-lowered videocard memory clock

-turn off all side software (afterburner)

-raised power limit

0 Likes
3 Replies
kylhacker
Journeyman III

UPD:

Forgot to mention my motherboard. ASUS p8h61 r2.0, also update bios.

0 Likes
arishaig
Journeyman III

Do you use two monitors by any chance? I had a similar issue with my RX580 with 2 monitors. If I ran a full-screen game the screen flickered black. I could alt-tab out and close the game or wait for it come back, but it was basically unplayable. The fix for me was to swap the ports for my monitors so that my main display in Windows was used the default main port. Previously I had 1 on the right, and 2 on the left. With the following configuration, I've had no issues.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Ofcourse i try to swap ports in videocard. (between two hdmi) And ofcourse it doesn't work. I also heard one thing, that one of hdmi ports intended for VR, but it sounds crazy, because individually the ports work well.

Maybe issue in my motherboard, cause it very old (doesn't have usb 3.0, pci-e 3.0 etc.).

0 Likes