asrock x370 itx

16 gb ddr4 3200

2 1 tb ssd

saphire pulse rx vega 56

nzxt h200I

x4 120mm noctua air flow fans

noctua u14s

600w corsair gold psu

My question is while playing a demanding game like vermintide my cpu sits around 50-51c and my 

video card sits around 70-75c

Idle temps: cpu 26c and gpu 30c

Are these temps safe and normal for my setup?

also tested the u12s and it only comes with 2-4c of the u14s with my setup

0 Likes
4 Replies

Your CPU temperatures are, in my opinion, very good. Excellent in fact. The GPU idle is also very good. According to this previous thread anything below 85C is good for the Vega 56.What is the normal temp for the hbm on a vega 56 mine hits around 81-84 on load while gaming (refere... 

That's safe. Reference cards have horrid coolers, and with the GPU and HBM2 concentrated together it's going to get warm. That's also perfectly safe. Under 85*C is best on Vega cards because there is a chance the temperature reading may be faulty but I think they resolved that (amdmatt correct me if I'm wrong, TomsHardware did an article on it but it's been months ago), at or under 95*C is where you get throttling, and 100*C is emergency throttling if not full on VPU lockup and application crash for safety.

This old review gives similar temperatures under idle and loads: Power, Temperature, & Noise - The AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 & RX Vega 56 Review: Vega Burning Bright 

0 Likes

Wow thanks man I get a lil ocd about my cooling

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

redteam6, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop image into your reply.  Until we see it, it is not possible to tell what your temperatures really are.  Your processor specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

ok will do when i get home

Thanks

0 Likes