Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

phailbot
Journeyman III

Problem with 2600x

Hi there,

I got a 2600x from newegg about a month ago and I love it, but I am having one problem. First here are my system specs:

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I Gaming Motherboard

2600x

16gb Trident Z RGB RAM 3200MHz

GTX 1080

So when I first set up my system I enabled two things in the BiOS:
DOCP enhancement to OC memory to the rated 3200MHz

XFR Enhancement > Precision Boost Overdrive for best single-core performance

With this config, AMD Ryzen Master showed a single core boost to up to 4.225 GHz bouncing around the cores, like normal. I heard about ASUS's multi core enhancement protocol so i changed Core Enhancement from Auto to Enable in the BiOS. This showed my cores all clocked together from anywhere between 4.0 - 4.175 GHZ. Obviously better for multi-core performance but I didn't notice a difference in gaming and my temperatures were a bit higher with more power draw so I wanted to switch back to just a single core OC. But now I can't.

When I load default settings in my BiOS now, all cores lock at 3.6 GHz. The only way to get them to OC is if I switch Core Enhancement from Auto to Enable and that just puts all cores at the aforementioned 4.0 - 4.175 GHz. So Core Enhancement at Disable or Auto locks all cores to 3.6 GHz and setting it to Enable forces all cores to OC together. I'm not sure how to get back to just a single-core overclock any more. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

phailbot, please do a Clear CMOS using user manual instructions.  I have tried to help a couple of user with ASUS's marvelous builtin OC with little success.  I suggest you use the ASUS forum to get the information from the experts.  If you want help here, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (R) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  One question I could not get answered before is can you enable a real XMP Profile, without using DOCP?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes