cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

amplighter
Adept III

Is this common or typical of the AMD Radeon Drivers?

It's been a very long time since I've been here. At that time based on my past comment and errors, it would seem I've grown to not like the Catalysis program/drivers. One clue to this and I'm wondering if this is common place for the AMD Radeon drivers to do this is even though I've updated the Catalysis driver to 19.1.1 etc.. Windows shows that my Radeon 580 has been updated to their latest version which is direct from Microsoft. In other words, my Catalysis driver says one version while my device manager says another version and I'm unable to update the windows version to correctly match the Catalysis version. I've since deleted the Catalysis completely as I've never used it in the 2+ years of owning the new computer. Nor have I had any issues with the Windows driver version. So my question is, where can I locate an updated Win10 version of the Radeon 580 driver? Yes, I've located the 2017 driver via Microsoft driver storage site but nothing more recent than 2017 for the Radeon RX 580.

0 Likes
1 Solution
amplighter
Adept III

Here's the latest.. 

I was getting a conflict between Win10 update, AMD catalyst Update & my computer's support site. ALL drivers had different versions or dates so nothing was working correctly. What I ended up doing might sound extreme but it worked. I ended up having to download the Win10 image onto a Flash drive/card. Before anyone does this (assuming you're at your last resort) is to back up or save all data/image/music onto alternate flash drives etc.

The Win10 image is all of Winidow 10 that's been updated by Microsoft. Then I deleted the AMD Catalyst and avoided my computer's driver site. The end result, I have a fresh version of Win10 with the current and updated drivers. The Catalyst never worked for me or I never used it as it was reporting that I have one version of a graphics driver while Win10 said I had a different version & I hated it anyway so it's been removed. I've since avoided my computer's driver site & assistant file manager system. Checked my device manager and all systems are correct & up to date.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

0 Likes
amplighter
Adept III

Here's the latest.. 

I was getting a conflict between Win10 update, AMD catalyst Update & my computer's support site. ALL drivers had different versions or dates so nothing was working correctly. What I ended up doing might sound extreme but it worked. I ended up having to download the Win10 image onto a Flash drive/card. Before anyone does this (assuming you're at your last resort) is to back up or save all data/image/music onto alternate flash drives etc.

The Win10 image is all of Winidow 10 that's been updated by Microsoft. Then I deleted the AMD Catalyst and avoided my computer's driver site. The end result, I have a fresh version of Win10 with the current and updated drivers. The Catalyst never worked for me or I never used it as it was reporting that I have one version of a graphics driver while Win10 said I had a different version & I hated it anyway so it's been removed. I've since avoided my computer's driver site & assistant file manager system. Checked my device manager and all systems are correct & up to date.

0 Likes