cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

leznox
Adept I

Will AMD add a equivalent software of NVIDIA FREESTYLE ?

Hi everybody,

I think if you play eSport game like CS:GO, you heard "NVIDIA FREESTYLE" give a advantage In-Game, this software can reduce all shadows of the game.

NVIDIA FREESTYLE is unsuable if you have a AMD GPU or other than NVIDIA.

Example :

If you know the game, you can see this is a big advantage and only NVIDIA user can use this advantage.

I really hope AMD will create a equivalent software to this method (Or AMD includes the setting on the Radeon Setting)

Knowing "Fnatic" (eSport Team) is sponsored by AMD, that can help them.

ON = NVIDIA FREESTYLE / OFF = Without NVIDIA FREESTYLE

maxresdefault (1).jpg

PS : The saturation not enough for use a equivalent.

PS 2 : Sorry for my bad english.

7 Replies

No idea, traditionally AMD doesn't often talk about new features outside of major tech shows or just showing up in new drivers. They seem to like to implement shiny new features so it's fairly likely they are aware of the competitions offerings and if not already working on it, I would bet they are at least discussing it. Time will tell. 

----------------------

Looking at what you posted I have to wonder if what the anti-cheat software people think about this new feature?

leznox
Adept I

Hi Pokester !

Thank you for the answer and I hope AMD team are talking about that !

In competition (eSport), NVIDIA Freestyle is legit and used by lot of team (Astralis are the first). For the moment, no body think or forbidden this feature because that just change the color of games.

I think no body will think this is a cheat because that just change color of the games and not another thing.

But the problem is only NVIDIA user or new gaming monitor (Color setting, black equalizer, etc ...) user can enjoy of this advantage.

You can use Radeon Overlay to adjust some display settings directly for example:

pastedImage_1.png

Regarding post processing filters applied to game output there used to be a way to add such effects using the following software:RadeonPro - AMD Radeon™ Unleashed | Unleash the power of your AMD Radeon™ graphics card with RadeonP... 

The Post Processing effects information is here: SweetFX | RadeonPro - AMD Radeon™ Unleashed

It is a long time since I looked into RadeonPro with SweetFX.

There is a link to information about SweetFX here:SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread | guru3D Forums 

The developer of RadeonPro went off to work for Raptr (AMD Gaming Evolved application).

I remember Valve issued a statement re: use of SweetFx causing issues in CSGO here:https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/69hf5i/psa_if_csgo_doesnt_launch/ 

There are some alternatives you may want to try:
https://vibrancegui.com/ 
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/28i4vk/saturation_toggler_v12/ 

Bye.

Thank for the lot of search but the problem is their are feature is forbidden in certain competition like Faceit/ESEA/ESL.

The problem of AMD Overlay is that there are not many settings like NVIDIA Freestyle so you can't really get a equivalent.

I think AMD need to update AMD Overlay for add lot of setting.

Have a nice day !

Hi, no problem. 

I will take a look at Nvidia Freestyle running on Palit RTX2080 GamingPro OC with Ryzen 2700x. 
Which game are you interested in. CSGO?

There are supposed to be 15 titles supporting this feature. 
I will take time to look at one of them. 

If it is just a user interface overlay that links into options you can set in the game and the Nvidia driver control panel anyhow then that should be fine for use in competitions and Esports. 

If it is applying post processing effects that are not normally available to other gamers which helps you see other players easier then that sounds like cheating to me. 

It will be interesting to see what Nvidia have implemented with this feature. 

Thanks.  

leznox
Adept I

Yes I'm really intrested about CS:GO or another FPS but the most recurrennt stay CS:GO.

Thank you again for testing

Just to let you know I tested this feature.
I am uploading videos now.
More information to follow once I finish edits to the video.
Bye.