mark1269
Journeyman III

what is the best graphics card for amd a10 7890k

R7 graphics card built in processor

my ram 16gb 1866mhz

Thanks 

0 Likes
5 Replies

As long as the Motherboard is compatible and has the proper PCIe x 16 slot and you have a proper PSU to support a modern GPU Card and depending on your Budget, You can install any GPU Card with your APU.  When you install the GPU Card it will probably make the GPU card the main Graphic when booting into Windows.

0 Likes

Your CPU is limited so use more modest range video cards which will not be bottlenecked

The RX 570 is a good choice

0 Likes

Personally I wouldn't buy a graphics card for that APU, it's too weak to really take advantage of a dedicated graphics card, and upgrade your entire system instead. A modern Ryzen 2200g or 2400g APU system is -far- faster than your current setup.

0 Likes

The core speed of the Ryzen 2200g or 2400g is much slower than the A10-7980k, as the A10-7980K starts @ 4.1 Ghz and can go turbo to 4.3 Ghz.

With some 2133 Mhz RAM or above, I'm not certain the Ryzen 2200g is delivering performance beyond what the 7980k gives you.

Is there a stat I'm missing that makes the 2nd gen Ryzen 3's faster than the 7900's???

Now, if we are talking 3rd and 4th gen Ryzen...I think they are going to start clocking similar to the 7900's.

0 Likes

Yes, it's called IPC, or Instructions Per Clock. Ryzen processors have a -much- higher IPC capability than previous generation processors, on the order of 50%, so while the 2200G may not clock as fast as the 7890K, it is far faster.

0 Likes