zhouhao147258
Journeyman III

The GPU firePro S7150 can't work in the virtual machine

My environment:
host server :centos 7.6 
KVM
guest: windows7 & windows10
The MxGPU in the virtual windows 7 can‘t work well
I add the MxGPU  s7150V on the windows 7,but the driver package (win7-64bit-radeon-pro-software-adrenalin-edition-18.q4.1-jan-16) can not identify my MxGPU correct。
like the picture below:

pastedImage_1.png

I search the 692F in the PCI database,its S7150V,but the VM can not identify it!!

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

GPU status on the host

pastedImage_6.png

s7150 pci_id 

pastedImage_4.png

the MxGPU s7150v pci_id

pastedImage_5.png

I tried all the driver packages on the AMD web-site,they all can not  identify the graphics card

0 Likes
4 Replies
alex_b
Adept II

Not sure if this will help, try giving VM direct access to the PCI-E device. Usually such settings are in the BIOS.

0 Likes

My VM can direct access to both physical GPU and the VGPU;but the physical GPU can be identified as S7150 ,the VGPU cant;because the PCI_id is different 

0 Likes

If u use Horizon View or vSphere, support vGPU is definitely there. In the case of dedicated cores on AMD video cards, it's not always perfect. Or the implementation of support for amd vgpu on KVM is not complete, i mean only for AMD. I think that on KVM, this question becomes more individual. Perhaps it would be better to use a graphics card from Nvidia, in this case.

0 Likes
xiaolin0199
Journeyman III

zhouhao147258

Hello, I also encountered the same problem as you (windows7), all seemingly no problem, but it is unable to call the driver. Excuse me, you find the problem now? And what is the solution? Thank you

0 Likes