cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alex_b
Adept II

RX 580 - Power limit does not work since Adrenalin 18.12.2

Hello. I have a problem that I don’t know how to solve for a long time.

I have Sapphire RX580. And Power limit does not work since Adrenalin 18.12.2. 
I have installed Adrenalin 19.3.2 and option power limit still does not work. Any values are ignored.

How to solve this problem?

3 Replies

Delete all third party graphics controllers (not disable) from your computer....Trixx.

Reinstall the latest AMD driver...clean install

In Wattman, set Power Limit (only) to the highest + value in the game profile 

Also, read this:

https://community.amd.com/thread/227175

Sorry, but these manipulations do not seem normal.
Before Adrenaline 18.12.2 the settings worked correctly. For example, if the value of -10 was set in the general profile (Radeon Settings) -  it worked. The video card limited the performance based on temperature. This is the correct work of the driver.
Since Adrenalin 18.12.2, any settable values are ignored.
In any case, I do not use Radeon Settings to control the video card. I use MSI Afterburner. And all the power settings have always worked. But now only this setting does not work. Through the MSI Afterburner or through Radeon Settings - nothing.

How to return a working version of what was before? Or does this problem still exist in the driver?

Before Adrenaline 18.12.2, the temperature limit changed automatically.

screenshot 2019-03-16 001.png

And dont know why, my settings menu is different.  (Adrenalin 19.3.2)
Where i can set max temp. limit? . There is even no options like in Adrenalin 18.2.1.
Just look:
screenshot 2019-03-16 001.jpg

Afterburner, Trixx, Asus, all third party controllers conflict with Wattman settings and controls. Use one or the other. The Power Limit does not throttle based on temperature. It throttles based on power draw. 

0 Likes