cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure

Hello guys.

I know you're tired of seeing posts like this, but so far, nothing I've done has helped. I changed the cables (I had an HDMI and I switched to a DVI), I installed only the video and audio driver, I increased the wattman power limit to 50, I put only the basic windows driver ...

I tried several drivers

Nothing worked. I still have the same problems:
"Radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure."
"the application was prevented from accessing the graphics hardware."

Sometimes I have to restart the pc, because it freezes, it stays on a black screen and "no signal" appears on the monitor.

I have an XFX RX 470

i3 6100

MSI B150M Bazooka
8GB DDR4 RAM
EVGA 430W

And yes, I already sent a ticket to XFX, but they take a LOT to answer.

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
2 Replies
oldar
Adept II

I know, I had the same problem. I use my old Sapphire Fury Nitro.

My workaround was to clean uninstall the drivers I used (19.2.2) and I installed 18.10.2. More than a month with them and I have no problems at all with wattman.

A friend of mine tested the 18.11.1 for a couple of weeks now and said they are stable too. I may give them a try but I am not going to surpass those drivers for quite some time now, unless they are going to fix that annoying problem.

With the "wattman" problems, if you are in a  gaming session (pubg, fortnite, lol, hots etc) the only "solution" is to reboot your pc. This is not an option for me, as you are losing those games 80% of the time if that happens and It was happening at least once per day. So, I am staying with the old tested drivers 18.10.2 to have my head clean from troubles...

I hope to fix that annoying problem soon. Maybe they can disable the wattman temporally in some drivers...

My advice to you: if you have not tested the 18.10.2 or the 18.11.1, then try one of those and check things out. In any case, I would appreciate if you could share your findings here in forums.

Friendly

Jimakos Bilakis

Thanks for the tip, Oldar, I'm going to test those drivers that you indicated. Thank you !!

0 Likes