cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

How to fix an incorrect SubSystem ID value?

My graphics is (apparently) reporting an incorrect SubSystem ID value, which causes it to be reported incorrectly in some software.  Specifically, it's a mobile FirePro M5100, being reported as "AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series", probably because it has identical Device ID as an R9 M270X (which is by design, these are supposed to have the same Vendor ID, but not the same SubSystem ID).  I'm experience a few glitches in various gpu-intensive software (details if you need), and I think the incorrect device reporting is to blame.

The problem started after I swapped my GPU from a FirePro M5950 to the newer M5100 (newer, despite the lower model number).  Swapping is possible because my laptop has an MXM Type A slot.  But now, it's reporting the old SubSystem ID of 04A3, instead of the correct value which I believe is 15CC.

This is maybe a problem with ACPI tables?  But I don't know how to fix that.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Help is much appreciated!

Michaelson Britt

0 Likes
2 Replies

Did you perform a clean driver installation, and are you positive the card you have is an actual M5100 and not an altered card?

0 Likes

>> Did you perform a clean driver installation

Pretty sure I did, yes.  Would a clean driver installation update the bios / firmware / acpi tables?

>> an actual M5100 and not an altered card?

Can you provide instructions for how to determine that?  I associate fake cards with flagship desktop components rather than laptop MXM cards.  But anything is possible.  Even if it was a R9 M270X flashed as an M5100, it shouldn't report a SubSystem ID of 04A3, should it?

Thank you,

Michaelson Britt

0 Likes